Chia seeds are tiny black seeds which are extracted from the chia plant. These seeds have their origin from Mexico where they are considered as staple food. The colour of the seeds change when cooked. Fully loaded with nutrients, improves metabolism. These are highly recommended for vegetarians as a substitute for fish.
Benefits Of Chia Seeds:
- Rich in essential nutrients and low in carbs and sugar
- Reduces the habit of overeating under stress.
- Improves digestion and boosts immunity
- Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, which controls blood levels.
Nutritional value in Chia Seeds:
1 teaspoon of Chia seeds contains:
- Dietary Fiber
- Omega-3 ALA
- Omega 5 ALA
Caution to be taken before consuming Chia Seeds
- To be kept away from the reach of children below 5 years of age
- Not to be consumed dry
- May contain traces of fruits and nuts